Eid Mubarak! From everyone at Al-Talib, we wish you and your loved ones a blessed and joyous Eid al-Fitr!
On Sunday, August 19th, 2.2 billion Muslims all around the globe will be celebrating Eid al-Fitr, the celebration that comes at the end of the blessed month of Ramadan.
After a month of intense worship, we are encouraged to celebrate Eid as enthusiastically and be as joyous as possible. This is a holiday that has been celebrated since the time of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and there are certain prophetic acts that go along with this day.
Things to do in preparation for the Eid al-Fitr prayer:
- Rise early and take a bath.
- Put on your new and beautiful clothes in preparation for the Eid prayer.
- Eat something sweet, like dates, before you leave for the Salah!
The Prophet (peace be upon him) would not go out on Eid al-Fitr until he had eaten an odd number of dates (Ahmad and Al-Bukhari).
- Travel one way to the Eid prayer, and come back home on another route.
Jabir Bin `Abdillah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported:
“The Prophet (peace be upon him) would take different routes on the day of the Eid.”
- Recite the Eid Takbir at the prayer.
- Afterwards, be sure to greet everyone with smiles and renew your bonds with your family and friends.
May Allah (swt) accept all of our good deeds and acts of worship this past month. May He give us the strength to be able to continue it even when it is not Ramadan. Ameen.
Al-Talib wants to know how you celebrate Eid. What traditions do you and your family have for Eid? Send us your photo submissions to: email@example.com.